Support by signing @ SAVE ANNA CENTENARY LIBRARY - PLEASE SIGN HERE
When Anna Hazare fights against corruption, why this decision is not taken to Him? Why public money is wasted in such decisions? This is also one way of corruption, When such decisions are taken, public voting has to be conducted, but I believe public will give 0% support only for this decision, when government takes such decision, it is our responsibility to raise our voice against such decisions.
Advocate Prabhakar has filed a Public Interest Litigation in High Court opposing this decision to shift. Some highlights of Anna Centenary Library
- South Asia's Largest Library
- Hillary Clinton, U.S. Secretary of State had lauded the library during her visit to Chennai on 20 July 2011.
- 9-floor library building houses a total area of 333,140 sq. ft and has a capacity to accommodate 1.2 million books.
- The library is designed to accommodate a total of 1,250 persons
- An auditorium of 50,000 sq. ft. with a seating capacity of 1,280
- An amphitheatre on the terrace that can accommodate more than 800 persons
- Two conference halls with capacities of 151 and 30 persons
- A dedicated children's section, spread over 15,000 sq. ft. has a fun-filled theme-based reading area with multimedia kits and storybooks.
- CCTV cameras have been installed in 493 locations in the building.
- Collection of 550,000 books
More details of Anna Library